Tuesday 28 June 2011

The Shawshank Redemption

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerm, why the eff have I just watched The Shawshank Redemption when it's not even on The List?! To say I'm pretty cheesed off would be an understatement! Argh!


However, despite my mini-gripe I really really enjoyed it. An amazing bit of filmage. If you ask me, and of course you are asking me, it belongs on The List. Funny, poignant and uplifting. Naturally there were some fairly brutal bits, it was all about a man's prison, but the aforementioned descriptors far outweighed any grim parts. I lost count of how many times I welled up let alone shed a tear especially the bit when Brooks gets parole, I could barely bear to watch it because I knew what was coming. But I can be forgiven for being overemotional, I am a girl after all.

I leave you with this... 
Some birds aren't meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright and when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice, but still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend. Sob.

No comments:

Post a Comment