Sunday 2 October 2011

Rise of the Planet of the Apes

We had a little cinema trip to Hebden Bridge Picture House on Tuesday night after work. My first venture to the often talked about independent cinema and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed both the venue and the film. Upon arrival I had already had a couple of G&Ts and some wine so thought I'd slow things down with a cup of tea. No lie when I say the best cuppa I have made in a loooooooooooooooooooooong time. Appear to have lost the knack for making good brews of late, and didn't have many hopes for this when the woman behind the counter handed the metaphorical baton over to me to complete the tea-making process. Did not disappoint though. Neither did the popcorn, or fruit salad flavour Chewits. And it all came in at just over £10. BARGAIN compared to Pue and Shittyworld. 

Planet of the Apes - went in with little knowledge of the premise of the plot. I knew there were apes. I was vaguely aware of a planet. But what of the background behind it all? Well, I found the film to be a right little charmer. No doubt about it, I need to have a monkey/ape in my life. One that hasn't flipped though like Caesar did in this. Although he didn't really flip I suppose, he was just standing up for his buddies. Nearly cried, or wept rather, at two points: when John Lithgow dies in his sleep; when Caesar draws his "window" on the wall of his cell. Heart. Wrenching. In fact, all scenes between Will and Caesar were touching. You'd have to be made of stone not to melt just a little bit.

New man of the moment - James Franco. Always thought he was pretty fit but this really put the nail in the bed. Tips to win me over - love a monkey and cry. Done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment