Sunday 2 October 2011

Fright Night - Scre4m

ARGH! Had a couple of friends round tonight for what was meant to be a scary movie marathon. Unfortunately we spent too much time stuffing our faces with fajitas, the BEST food in the world, and only had time for one. Although in hindsight I don't think I could have handled more than one scary film seeing as I'm pretty much typing a sentence and then having a quick scan of the room to make sure no mentalists are approaching. None so far. Phew. 

I was quite obsessed with Scre4m this year. I was too young to see the other three at the cinema when they were out and there hasn't really been anything of that genre out since, or nothing of that genre that has appealed at least. Closest I've had at the cinema was Cabin Fever and let's face it that was about an aggressive skin infection, not a serial killer. Anyway, when Fright Night was set up I suggested Scre4m cos I saw it when it came out and thoroughly enjoyed it. I saw it in Edinburgh when we went up for a Bank Holiday weekend. I had the pleasure of staying in the hoosemate's mum's room, which has what has to be THE comfiest bed in the world. Absolutely amazing. Soft bedding, firm but fluffy pillows and oooooooooooh a delightful mattress. Back's never felt more teenaged. However, all the other bedrooms are upstairs and that one is off in its own little wing of the house. Needles to say I was shitting my pants when we got back from seeing it. Not helped by the fact that everyone else was sleeping upstairs and they took great joy in informing me that if someone did come to get us, I would be the first to go due to my isolation *quick scan of room. Think it took me a good hour to pluck up the courage to venture into the bathroom, which gave my Kegel muscles a great workout so not a total loss. Gotta keep things toit. Luckily I had my laptop with me so 4oD'd a couple of episodes of The Inbetweeners and all was well and good in the world again. Fast forward to this evening. My fellow Fright Nighters have gone home and my housemate is in the motherland until Monday so I am sat on the sofa with my mind working overtime. Have come across Sex and the City on the telly so something light to bring me down again but I'm still a bit edgy. I know, I know. Pathetic. But it's the mask you see. Oh god, the mask. Frigging hate it. Scares the b'jesus out of me. Gonna give myself til 2 to get a grip and then simply must go to bed. Frigging knackered! 

Fright Night success rating - 10 on 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment