Monday 31 October 2011

Despicable Me

OH MY GOD WHAT A BRILLIANT FILM!!!!!! I had never heard of this and when it was suggested as a DVD to watch one evening I'll admit I wasn't particularly interested in it. But I was swayed almost immediately!! I love Gru's voice, any kind of accent like that makes me chuckle and I just want to hear more and more and more of it, fortunately he's chatter chatter chattering away all the way through.


Premise of the film is that Gru is a super-villain who is being outvillained (made up word there) by a fresh new super-villain called Vector. Elsewhere three girls are up for adoption and Gru ends up taking them on so that he can use them against Vector. It's pretty much about him not wanting them around but then obviously growing to love them.


We have not one but TWO favourite bits. Number one is this - he's so fluffy I'm gonna die!!!! He's so FLUFFY! I see a little of myself in that small child. Especially as what reminded me to write about this film was posting on a friend's Facebook that their baby was so cute that I might die. Number two is this scene - bad video like but it's the only one I could find. It's so lovely. All the girls wanted was a dad to kiss them goodnight. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I could weep. 


WATCH THIS FILM NOW. BUY IT IF YOU DON'T OWN IT. I AM NOT ON COMMISSION, I AM JUST IN LOVE.


10/10 from the Higgmeister General

No comments:

Post a Comment