Tuesday 3 January 2012

Titanic

So I watched this over the festive period and found it ever so emotional for reasons which I believe are twofold: (i) I haven't watched it for years and it all got a bit too much, the emotions were already running high what with The Snowman impending on my viewing agenda; (ii) following the recent ferry trip to Bruges I could really empathise with those on board. Sort of.


I am somewhat comforted by the fact that the tears were not quite as intense as when I watched My Girl a few years ago for the first time since I was wee, my mother thought someone had died when she came home and saw me sobbing hysterically in the corner; "he can't see without his glasseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees." When I reach that level of emotion again, switch me off I beg of you.



Anyhoo, back to the title film, Titanic. This will be coming to cinemas near us in 3D soon, not sure that I will go to see. Firstly, I will cry and I would rather not share that with the public. Secondly, feels like James is cashing in a bit on the old anniversary of it. You've had your share Jimmy, now find another pie to stick your fingers in. 


Oh and, before I forget, the end of Titanic really grinds my gears!!!!!!! Why the hell was Rose hogging that piece of ornate wood? Jack was a wee slip of a thing. He could easily have hauled himself up there. And it would have made for a happy ending. Who doesn't love a happy ending? James "Fat Cat" Cameron, that's who. Knob. 


UPDATE - I haven't seen this in 3D but I've heard a whisper that the piece of wood appears to be EVEN BIGGER in 3D. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment