Wednesday 18 July 2012

Magic Mike

OMG - THE BEST FILM I HAVE SEEN IN AGES. Something which I must sincerely mean because I went all caps lock on yo' ass. Oh yeah I did.



Brilliant scenes. I'd seen Bret Easton Ellis twitterising about it the other day. He was harping on about it being quite dark under its fun exterior. Strip (geddit, cos it's about strippers, ha) back the outer layers and he was bloody right. While I spent a lot of the time laughing at the strippy bits, they were so cringeworthy, and some of the time swooning, let's not forget that I am a woman, I also spent a little bit of time feeling touched (oo er) by the story of Magic Mike. All he wanted to do was set up his customised furniture business. He went to the bank with a $13k downpayment for a loan or something but it got rejected because he had bad credit. He was stripping so that he could get some cash and also in the hope that mean Mr McConaughy would give him equity in the "male dance revue" club, which he didn't. And then to top it all off, he has to pay off some little shit's drug debt to the tune of $10k. BANG, there goes all his hard-earned cash. It was really heartbreaking because he's a good guy and he only wants to do good and do well for himself. 


Channing Tatum has never really been on my radar before. I don't think he's on it now particularly for his body but rather for his dancing. The man has got some serious moves. Ooph!! And, you should see what he can do with his hips. His wife is blessed. Fact. Watch this teaser trailer and you'll see what I mean!!


One bad thing about this. Matt Bomer. I had settled on him in mind for Christian Grey when the film comes out (yes I've read it, yes I recognise that it's a shit book, get over it). I'd even come to terms with the fact that he was gay. However, following this, I just don't buy him as a heterosexual. He had a few stripping scenes and a scene with a lady - could totally tell he wasn't into it. The search continues...





No comments:

Post a Comment