Saturday 13 August 2011

26 GoodFellas

Phoo, what a corker. Those Fellas kill any poor bastard that comes into sight!! I don't know what the body count was in this but it surely must have topped 50, most of those coming courtesy of Joe Pesci. The man was unstoppable. Woah woah woah, hold up for just a wee second. Have Googled "goodfellas body count" - well I actually searched for "goodfellas body cunt" but the clever people at Google saw my error and kindly displayed the alternative results - and ShortList has it coming in at a mere 10. NO WAY!!!! There were folk dying left, right and centre. Some even from the diagonal. Well I'm not planning on watching again to do my own tally so will have to accept that as gospel.

Cue some thoughts - I right enjoyed it. Is this how things really went down back in the day? It must have been cos it's based on a true story. Shocking. Henry Hill decided at an early age that he wanted to be a gangster and that was that. You wouldn't think it was the wisest career move, and it turned out not to be in the end, but for the better part of his time as a GoodFella it was pretty damn lucrative.

My growing love for De Niro meant I was enjoying his wee role but I think the best was the aforementioned Joe Pesci. The man was insane! Tiny little man with a funny voice just shooting anyone and everyone - which is why I'm surprised by the low body count. Obviously they all had some anger issues but Pesci was off the Richter!! 

List placement - from what I have viewed so far, which I notice is not much, I'm gonna say this was Top 20 material. And new crush alert...Ray Liotta (early gangster days). 

No comments:

Post a Comment